Saturday, August 13, 2011

Long Hot Summer

I am discovering that during this incredible drought and heat that all of my painting have water in them. And the one that didn't has a misty blue mountain in the background. Several of the artist I paint with have felt like they are slipping into a depression because of lack of energy to paint, but I think it is just this never ending heat. Some day it will rain again and cool down to 70 degrees and all will be well.


 This is a painting of a "The Goat Herders" I did for a fundraiser for Africa's Promise Village. It's a group of former educators who are supporting an orphanage, school and fresh water wells in Arusha, Tanzania. For more info on ATV go to www.africaspromisevillage.org.


Aaah! Misty cool "Ironbridge, England". This was where the first iron bridge was built.


"The Teal & Teak Sailboat" is docked in Lake Travis not far from where I live.


"Matagorda Beach Bird" I love mornings and evenings at the coast as much as the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment